We had a productive first meeting with members of the Radyr Road Safety Group on 20th July and are progressing several actions as a result. The next meeting will take place in early to mid-September:
Other Llantrisant Road development activity:
- We are liaising with the other developers who are also building along Llantrisant Road and in north west Cardiff to invite them to join us at the next meeting with the Radyr Road Safety Group which is due to be held in early/mid-September. While we are focused on ensuring that no Plasdŵr site traffic uses Heol Isaf illegally, in recent spot-checks by South Wales Police, the majority of HGV traffic using the route were not heading for our sites, and so we hope that a united approach from all local developers will be effective in preventing these contraventions.
- We will be replacing the current Plasdŵr signage which we put in place in January to supplement the existing highways road signs to remind HGV traffic to or from our sites that no access is permitted along the B4262, including Heol Isaf. We are currently sourcing alternative designs and sizes on which we will consult with the Group before commissioning. We’re also liaising with the local authority to explore whether or not the statutory signage can be improved, which we would be happy to support.
- We are continuing to liaise with Cardiff Council’s Highways department on the timing, plans and recommendations for traffic calming measures and road improvements to Heol Isaf as part of the Plasdŵr Section 106 agreement on community contributions.
- The directors of Plasdŵr’s lead developer, Redrow Homes, are writing to the directors of its contractors and suppliers, to reinforce at every level within their own organisations that the use of Heol Isaf by HGVs is illegal and reiterate that under no circumstances are they to use that route.
- We agreed to support the Road Safety Group’s 20 is Plenty initiative by displaying 20 is plenty signs along Bellway’s Rhiw Las site boundary.
Regular updates will be posted here and on our Twitter channel.